Ongoing portfolio company engagement is critical in managing ESG risks and driving continuous improvement during the hold period. Malk partners with GPs and their portfolio companies to identify operational risks, collect meaningful ESG performance metrics, and support companies in ESG value creation.
Malk’s annual ESG monitoring process has been designed with years of LP, GP, and portfolio company feedback to surface up to date ESG assessments to stakeholders, facilitate a productive dialogue between companies and their investors, and support portfolio companies in building their ESG capacity.
Key ESG Monitoring Outcomes
- Reassess ESG risks throughout operational changes, shifting market dynamics, and regulatory updates over the hold period
- Operationalize ESG integration via Management team engagement and buy-in
- Track ESG metrics to assess progress against historical recommendations and align to relevant reporting standards (e.g., EDCI, SFDR), integrated with Malk’s ESG Data service
- Capitalize on ESG value creation opportunities through tailored, actionable recommendations that account for programmatic maturity, peer set, and market drivers
- Meet LP expectations by facilitating quarterly and annual LP reporting through portfolio-level KPI tracking and asset-level case studies
- Prepare for exit through clear documentation of portfolio company’s ESG journey and compelling case studies
READY TO FIND OUT MORE?
Drop us a line today for more information about Malk Services!